Today, I finally received Wedding Planning for Dummies book. I should have my cousin, Christy, help me plan the wedding since she does this for a living (http://www.bellenuitevents.com/Site/index.html), but I'm trying to do it alone, with help from Empress.
So first thing book says, is to write down your dream wedding -- where money is not an issue. We are to think backwards -- from day of the wedding to planning.
Byron's dream: at a church or at the Botanical Gardens. Lots of friends and family. Guys will be wearing white & grey -- like Day 26. Outside daytime wedding. Traditional wedding song. (Check it out: http://www.alabama360.com/bhambotanical/Tourviewer_bhambotanical.html)
Sheila's dream: on a tropical sandy beach, both wearing all white, no shoes, close family, intimate setting.
Rock, paper, scissors -- who wins??? No one. I already decided the wedding will follow Byron's dream.
Other topics discussed in the book: bills, tips, marriage license, name change, location, wedding planners, bride/groom parents meet & greet, food, flowers, music, decorating, honeymoon, gown/tux....and on and on.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When is the date? and where? (assuming not here in WA)
ReplyDeleteRae
This blog thing is cool. I'll keep watching.
ReplyDeleteDon't stress out take it one day at a time....
ReplyDelete